Friday, August 7, 2009

today was a good day

when you read the title of this post, you have to say the words in your head like when ice cube is saying it in the song. deal?
ok.
actually today was rather mediocre, but yesterday was a special day. this was because it seemed to balance out perfectly between good and evil.
want more details? alright, here it goes...

bad:
was woken up at 8:30, hung over as hell, to a phone call from rogers telling me that my wireless service would be cut off due to my owing them $480. how was this possible? it seems i hadn't returned some equipment (boys and girls, return your equipment!!)
good:
the rogers guy was super nice and the first words out of his mouth were "i'm sorry for calling you so early"...clearly this guy deserves an award for his phone etiquette. also he told me that if i returned the equipment, the charges would be reversed! sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

bad:
rode my bike to school and was a half hour late because my effing lock felt like being a piece of garbage rather than a functioning piece of necessary bike equipment. also my chain kept getting a stiff link so it was infuriating to ride.

good:
who effing cares about any of that, because it was my last class of my undergraduate degree!!!

bad:
my dog ran away, onto dupont!!!!

good:
i got that little bastard back and he was a-ok

bad:
our sink wasn't draining at all, so we decided maybe if we used the dishwasher that we've never used before that it might a)help the draining or, b)make everything way worse. we gambled and lost, which resulted in a massive flood!

good:
i had beers with my favourite people at the vic to celebrate my last day of school, and also i had fries. and later i had a hot dog. and i got to hang out with my boyfriend.
love life!

No comments:

Post a Comment